Joyful Children of God
Topic: Joy Passage: Philippians 2:12–2:30
Sermon summary - One author has defined joy in this way: “Joy is the flag that flies over the castle of the heart when the king is in residence there.” A child of God ought to have in their life a seeable sense of joy in God. In today’s message, we’re going to discover what the Bible means when it talks about children of God.
1. Entry point of God’s children – the new birth.
• Young children, naturally, are teachable, trusting, tender, truthful and thirst for knowledge.
• God’s children, supernaturally, are called, converted and desire closeness to God.
2. Evidences of God’s children. Philippians 2:14-30
• Crave God.
• Centered on others.
• Christ-like minds.
• Concern for their testimony.
• Committed to scripture.
• Crave joy in the Lord.