Setting the Record Straight About Marriage
Passage: Mark 10:1–12
Series: Meeting Jesus in Mark
Mark 10:1-12 – Setting the record straight about marriage
- Jesus sets the record straight about marriage. Mark 10:1-5
*The confusion. Mark 10:1-3
*The critique. Mark 10:3-5
*The correction. Mark 10:6-9
- Setting the record straight about marriage today. Mark 10:6-9
*The correction (back to he Bible)
-Creation’s gender design. (Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 2:18-25; Mark 10:6)
-Core of the family. Mark 10:7
-Covenant between God, one man, one woman. Mark 10:8
-Created by God, not humanity. Mark 10:9
*Clearing up confusion (note the following argument)
- If Jesus would not oppose same-sex relationships, then He would not
quote Genesis to Deuteronomy.
- Jesus quotes Genesis in His remarks about marriage.
- Genesis through Deuteronomy opposes same-sex relationships.
- Therefore, Jesus would oppose same-sex relationships.
More in Meeting Jesus in Mark
November 26, 2023Logos
October 8, 2023The Ascension of the Son of God
October 1, 2023Christ's Great Commission to His Church | October 01, 2023 - AM | Pastor Mahlon Smith