Don't Miss God's Glory Due to Offense
Passage: Mark 6:4–6
Morning series: Meeting Jesus in Mark
11/14/21 Mark 6:1-6
Don’t Miss God’s Glory Due to Offense
- What is God’s glory?
- God’s glory: that revelation of God's attributes, being, Triune identity, and works that influences the enjoyment of God as God.
- A shorter definition could be: the revelation of God as God, and the enjoyment of that revelation.
- What offense is, and how it robs you of God’s glory. Mark 6:1-6
- Offense is when I perceive a line has been crossed, choosing bitterness rather than forgiveness, because of misplaced expectations.
- Offense results in a spirit of rejection and roots itself in man-centeredness rather than God-centeredness.
- How can you escape offense? Focus on God’s glory in Christ.
- Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 2 Timothy 2:24-26
- Find your ultimate joy in Christ, not others. Philippians 4:4.
- Follow Christ. Philippians 3:12
More in Meeting Jesus in Mark
November 26, 2023Logos
October 8, 2023The Ascension of the Son of God
October 1, 2023Christ's Great Commission to His Church | October 01, 2023 - AM | Pastor Mahlon Smith